Saturday 22 November 2014

Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars!




Today I thought that I would write a different type of blog post - a book review. I am hoping to do some more of these in the future because I love reading and I would love to give my opinions on some books and suggest any good ones to you. 

So, I thought that today I would review The Fault In Our Stars. I read this book during the summer and I absolutely loved it. I would definitely recommend it to anybody who is looking for a book that is interesting and heart warming. It has everything from comedy to romance. I love it when I find a book that once I start I just can't put it down and it was definitely true of TFIOS. It was such a good book to read and it's one that you can read again and again and never get bored of. It has such a good story line and you instantly connect to the characters. I absolutely LOVE it. It's definitely one of the best books I have ever read.

Some More Reviews: 
  • Markus Zusak, the best selling author of The Book Thief said "You Laugh, You Cry, And Then You Come Back For More"
  • Time also described it as "Damn Near Genius"
  • One of 200,000 five-star reviewers on GoodReads.com said "I have never, ever read a book that has touched me so deeply" 
  • "An achingly beautiful story about life and loss" - School Library Journal, starred review.
I couldn't agree more with these reviews. They describe The Fault In Our Stars perfectly and if these descriptions don't make you want to read it, I don't know what will.

 ***

I'm sure many of you will already know what TFIOS is about but in case any of you don't I thought that i would include the blurb because it describes the book perfectly and will give you a bit of background information on what the book is about.

"The Fault In Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love.

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten."

***

I haven't read any of John Green's other books but I would like to, especially if they are all as good as the Fault In Our Stars. I honestly would recommend this book to anyone, it's amazing. If you are interested in getting it, it is available in pretty much any book shop/ supermarket. You can also get it off amazon if you click here, it's available for £3.85 which is a bargain. Go On, Try It. I promise you won't regret it.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment