Wednesday 9 September 2015

Places to Visit Near York (Part 2)!

Hello Everyone,

As promised here is the second part to my blog post about places to visit near York. If you haven't seen the first part then click LINK to read that now. I hope you like this post.

Whitby!


We spent a few hours in the seaside town Whitby on one of the days of our holiday in York. It was a really beautiful place. We spent our time doing the touristy things like climbing the 199 steps (following in the footsteps of Bram Stoker's Dracula), looking around the shops and taking in the beautiful scenery. We also stuck to traditions being by the coast and had fish & chips for lunch looking out on to the sea which was lovely. I thought Whitby was really pretty so prepare yourself for a lot of photos. We had a lovely time in Whitby and I would definitely recommend going there. Hopefully one day we will be able to go back and spend a bit more time there.











The National Railway Museum!


Whilst we were staying in York we also visited the National Railway Museum. I found it so interesting to see the trains and find out about their background stories and what they had been used for. It was really interesting because you could see how the interior of the trains had changed throughout different eras. Also, a lot of the trains had been used to carry royalty so it was interesting to see how their trains differed to trains that were used to carry normal people. The royal trains looked really luxurious filled with comfy sofas and even beds. The trains were so nice and well looked after. The only downside to this is a lot of the photos came out blurred because the trains were that shiny. I definitely recommend going to the national railway museum. If you want to have a look at their website click here.

  

I loved these old fashioned signs. I thought they looked so good. They had them all over the walls of the museum. I'm so glad this photo came out well because I love it.




York Minster!


York Minster is the largest gothic cathedral in Nothern Europe. We went inside and it was so beautiful. I think that seeing the minster is a must when you're in York. We did go inside to have a quick look and it was lovely. If you want to see the York Minster website click here.

Castle Howard!


We also visited Castle Howard which is a place my parents have spent quite a bit of time in the past because one of our family members lived and worked on the grounds. Therefore, we returned for a bit of a trip down memory lane. We had a look around the grounds and in the gift shop. It was quite late in the afternoon by that time so it was too late to have a look around the stately home unfortunately. If you want to have a look on their website click here. It would definitely worth visiting if you are ever near there.


How cute is this little van?


 So, they are all of the places I wanted to tell you about. I really enjoyed my time in York and I highly recommend going to all of the places I have told you about if you get a chance. I hope you have enjoyed this post. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment