Wednesday 2 November 2016

Healthy Eating, Healthy Diet!

Image from the internet

Hello Everyone,

Today I wanted to talk to you about healthy eating and diets. I am no expert on what to eat and what not to eat. I am the biggest chocolate fan and I've never really tried dieting but I do have an interesting in being healthy and eating healthily. I thought I would write this post to talk to you about the basic food knowledge but this is in no way advice or me telling you what you should and shouldn't eat.

Recently I was reading and this is basically what was said about food and portions. These are probably the basic knowledge that might be helpful to know if you are thinking about starting to eat more healthy.

Carbs
e.g. potato, pasta, bread, cereal
Carbs are the things that you should fill up on. They are the foods that will give you energy. However, these should only be eaten in proportion because they aren't the healthiest foods.

Dairy
e.g. cheese, yoghurt, milk
You should eat small portions of dairy products everyday. Dairy products contain calcium which is good for your bones.

Treats
e.g. chocolate, fizzy drinks, crisps, sweets
These types of foods should be seen as treats and should only be consumed occasionally. I have to be honest, I eat all of these things so I can't say to you that I don't but they should still be seen as treats because they aren't that good for you.

Protein
e.g. baked beans, eggs, meat, fish, nuts
Your diet should include small servings of these types of foods. Foods that are  high in protein are important for your diet and good for you as long as they are consumed in proportion.

Fruit & Veg
e.g. strawberries, mango, melon, carrots, peas
The recommended intake of fruit and veg is 5 portions per day. It is important to try and stick to this as this is the best type of food for you. This can be done easily if you try to incorporate as much veg into your meals as possible and by having fruit for breakfast and as a snack.

Water
Water is really good for you and you are recommended to drink a lot per day. Drinking a lot of water can have many beneficial effects.

I just want to repeat that I am only trying to establish some basic knowledge and I am in no way trying to tell you what you should and shouldn't eat  or how to be healthy. This is just some basic information about food. I do have an interest in trying to eat more healthy and trying to eat the correct things so I thought that I would share this information with you. Thanks for reading!

Pretty Perfect x



No comments:

Post a Comment