Friday 18 November 2016

My Nail Care Routine!

Hello Everyone,

If you've read my blog for a while you may know that I really enjoy looking after my nails. It's sort of like a hobby of mine. I don't see it as a chore, I find it relaxing and I like having nice nails. So today I thought I would tell you my step by step guide to getting nice nails.

Step 1 - Soak your fingers in warm water
This is a good way to treat your nails and it softens and soothes them.

Step 2 - Cut your nails
Now that your nails are soft it is much easy to cut them. It's up to you whether you cut them short or trim them so they are still long.

Step 3 - File your nails
Next you need to file your nails. Its up to you what shape you file them into whether it be square or rounded but it is important to only file them in one direction.

Step 4 - Massage your nails with Vaseline
This is another good way of treating your nails and helping to make them soft and smooth.

Step 5 - Push your cuticles back
Gently push your cuticles back with a cuticle stick. This makes your nails look tidy.

Step 6 - Wipe your nails with nail varnish remover
This will get rid of any old nail varnish still on the nails and also remove the Vaseline now that it has had a chance to sink in and have the desired affect.

Step 7 - Rinse
Rinse your nails off with water so they are all cleans and ready to paint. Dry off your nails with a towel.

Step 8 - Apply a clear base coat
Applying a clear base coat of nail varnish provides a soft base for the coloured nail varnish to go on. It also makes it easier when you are removing your nail varnish as it avoids bits being left on the nail where you can reach with the cotton wool pad.

Step 9 - Apply coloured coats
Apply two coats of your chosen colour. This will make your nails look a lot better as they won't be patchy. Make sure you leave plenty of time for you nails to dry otherwise the second coat won't go on properly. If you're impatient it might be worth investing in some of the quick dry drops.

Step 10 - Apply a clear top coat
This will help to keep the nail colour on longer and avoid chipping.

Step 11 - Treat your hands
Finally, I like to put some hand cream on my hands and massage it into my hands. This nicely finishes off the treatment and there's no point in treating your nails and not your hands.

So that is my nail treatment routine. It's really nice to treat your nails everyone once in a while so if you have some free time follow this step by step guide to having nice nails. Thanks for reading!

Pretty Perfect x



No comments:

Post a Comment