Thursday 4 August 2016

The Best Way To Pack Your Suitcase!


Hello Everyone,

As it's Summer I'm sure that many of you will be going away whether you are going abroad or just going away somewhere in the country you live in. Today I wanted to write a post to give you a few tips on the best way to pack your suitcase so that you can fit as much into it as possible.

Tip 1 - Write a list of everything you want to take

This will help you to only pack what you need rather than throwing everything out of your wardrobe into your suitcase and then not wearing most of it. This also helps you to remember everything. It's the most annoying thing when you arrive at your holiday destination and when you unpack you realise you've forgot half of the essentials. If you tick each item off the list as you put it in your suitcase and then you'll know exactly what you have left to pack.

Tip 2 - Lay out everything on your bed

Before I pack everything into my suitcase I like to lay it out on my bed because this helps to give me a good look over what I've got and then I can add anything that is missing or take anything out that isn't necessary.

Tip 3 - Plan outfits

Try to plan outfits so you have something for each day night. This again helps you to make sure you have enough outfits for each day and no more. Think about mix & match outfits because then you don't have to take as much. By this I mean that if you have a pair of shorts you could use them for two days as long as you have two tops.

Tip 4 - Fold up bulkier, non-crease items first. Roll other items

Rolling items up that don't crease saves so much room. You will be so thankful for this tip if you struggle to travel lights because this means that you can pack more.

Tip 5 - Pack delicate items on top

This helps to avoid creasing items of clothing which saves you having to start ironing your clothes as soon as you arrive on holiday.

Tip 6 - Pack shoes around the sides with the soles flat against the lining of the case

This stops any dirt from the bottom of you shoes transferring onto your clothes. Another tip is if you are taking any trainers or boots pack you socks in side of them because this saves a lot of room.

Tip 7 - Pack toiletries inside the plastic bag in case they leak.

If you are going on a plane you will have to do this anyway but this is always a good idea because toiletries bottles can easily break when travelling so it's best to keep them in a plastic bag so no clothes get ruined if this does happen.

So they are my tips for packing. I hope you find this helpful. These are all tips that I use when packing because I definitely don't travel light. Remember these tips only apply to fitting things into your suitcase but not to weight so if you have a weight restriction make sure you weigh your suitcase before hand to avoid any extra costs from extra weight.

If you are going on holiday this Summer I hope this post helps you and I hope you have a lovely time. Thanks for reading!

Pretty Perfect x



No comments:

Post a Comment