Saturday 17 October 2015

Walking With The Wounded!

Hello Everyone,

Talking about charities on my blog is something I have never really done before. I think the reason for this is because a lot of people support different charities for their own personal reasons so they might not be as interested in giving to a charity that they don't know much about.

However, today I wanted to talk about Walking with the Wounded as it is something that I have become quite interested in recently so I wanted to write this post just to make you aware of what it is and what they are doing.


Walking with the wounded was started back in 2010 to raise money to go towards the re-education and re-training of wounded servicemen and women. As it says on their website, many servicemen and women don't expect to leave the armed forces until they get injured. As a result, some of them are not prepared and do not have the necessary skills or confidence to find a job in the civilian world. Therefore, Walking with the Wounded helps to raise the necessary funds to help them gain the skills and confidence to do this.

Since WWTW was established in 2010 they have organised a number of ambitious expeditions incorporating teams of wounded servicemen and women, both those with physical and mental injuries. They have done expeditions to places such as the the North Pole (2011), the South Pole (2013) and Everest (2012). What they do is truly amazing and so so inspiring.

As it says on the WWTW website, their "expeditions aim to inspire those coping with both disability and injury to show that our wounded are capable of leading fulfilling lives. They can achieve at the highest level.  They serve as inspiration to those from all walks of life who are coping, daily, with the challenges of injury, illness and rebuilding their lives"

"Every penny raised goes to helping those in need "

WWTW are currently doing an event called the 'Walk of Britain'. The Walk of Britain expedition is where four British and two US wounded veterans walk 1,000 miles across mainland Britain. It started in Scotland on August 22nd and will finish at Buckingham Palace on November 1st.

The veterans were finishing one of  their walks not far from where I live so I was lucky enough to go along and congratulate them on what they are doing. I got to meet some of the veterans and they were so nice. I think what they are doing is so inspiring.

I just wanted to do this post to raise awareness of what they are doing. If you live in Great Britain you might have heard about them on the News recently regarding the Walk of Britain. I thin this is a really worthy charity and they earn every penny they raise. 

If you can and would like to donate to this cause please do. If you're not in a position to donate, then maybe you could share their page on social media or something like that. I didn't write this post to get you all to donate, I wrote it to raise awareness and tell you all about the charity as well as a way of showing my support for the men and women who are part of WWTW. They really do inspire me.

If you are interested in getting involved in some of the things WWTW wounded does then there is plenty for you to do. There is opportunities to become a volunteer for WWTW, support them as they go through their expeditions and also there things you can do on your own, with friends or with family to help raise money for this cause such as Walking Home for Christmas which is another challenge they are doing this Christmas.

Links!

As I've mentioned quite a lot of information in this post I'm going to leave all of the specific links for the different things below in case you want to read a bit more into something. If I have not linked the thing you are looking for just have a look on their website they have all of the information of there.
  •  To have a look at their website click here
  •  For all the ways to donate click here
  •  To read more about their expeditions click here
  •  To read more about the Walk of Britain which is happening right now click here
  •   For more information on 'Walking Home for Christmas' click here
  •  To look at events that are coming up in the future click here
I apologize if I haven't linked the things you wanted. I have tried to linked everything I have mentioned. But all the information you need will be on their website. Have a read of their website because there is so much more information and it's a really interesting charity to read about.

I hope you have enjoyed this post. It's something a bit different but I hope you found it interesting. Thank you so much for reading. It really is a worthy charity.

Pretty Perfect x


No comments:

Post a Comment