Thursday 3 December 2015

Blogmas 2015 - Day 3 - Making your bedroom more festive!

 Hello Everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying my blogmas posts so far. I'm really enjoying writing them. Today's post is going to be how to make your bedroom (or any room really) more festive.

Candles - There is something about candles that just make everything seem so festive. They will make your room feel so cosy and Christmassey so get yourself some candles to make your room that little bit more festive. If you're not a fan of candles or you're not allowed them in your bedroom a good alternative is the little battery tealights. You will still have the same affect with these as you would with the candles.

Fairy Lights - I LOVE fairy lights. I think they're so cute and will make your room look ready for Christmas. I usually put mine across the top of my bed. I know a lot of people have fairy lights in their room all year round but I always put mine away ans then get the back out for the festive season. It's a nice extra touch.

Duvets - Why not splash out and treat yourself to a Christmas duvet? It will instantly change your room to a Christmas wonderland. Your bed is the main thing in your room, right? This will cost a bit more money but it'll be so worth it if you want the full Santa's grotto effect.

Cushions - This idea could be used as an alternative to the duvet or with it if you don't mind spending the money. You could get some Christmas cushions or cushion covers to go over cushions that are already on your bed if you have any. This again will look really nice and is probably a cheaper option than buying a completely new duvet cover. Another alternative is to get a Christmas throw to put on your bed.

Soft Toys - I have kept some of my Teddies from when I was little for sentimental reasons. If you've done the same then you could have a look if you have any Christmas ones. I have a few that have Santa hats on so  I have displayed them on my bed. It looks festive and its nice to get them out and think back to your childhood again.

Get Creative - my sister and I used to spend hours cutting out strips of paper and colouring them in different colours and then sticking them together to make paper chains. This is a really cheap way to decorate your room. Do it whilst your watching TV so it's not too boring. Another thing we used to do was paint massive Christmas themed pictures and stick them on the wall. This is a more creative and personal way of decorating you room for those of you who are more artsy.

So they are my ideas. You could use all of these or just a few to turn your room into a winter wonderland. I hope you liked this post.


22 Day Until Christmas 

Pretty Perfect x

No comments:

Post a Comment