Wednesday 7 December 2016

Blogmas 2016 - Day 7 - Christmas DIYs!

Blogmas 2016!

Hello Everyone,

Christmas is the perfect time to get crafty so today I thought I would give you some DIY ideas of my own as well as giving you some links to YouTube videos which also have some really fun DIY ideas. I hope you like this post!

1. Wrapping Paper

You will need:
  • A black felt tip or sharpie
  • Brown wrapping paper
  • Ribbon
This DIY is really simple but so fun if you want a way to get creative at Christmas. All you need to do is buy some brown paper/ wrapping paper and then you can personalise it using the black pen. You could write Merry Christmas across it, draw a pattern or write a message. Add a little bit of ribbon as a little extra if you would like and this looks really effective and shows that you've put a little extra into wrapping people's presents.

2. Paper Chains

You will need:
  • Coloured paper
  • A scissors
  • Glue
  • Stickers
My sister and I used to love doing this when we were younger and we always used to do it in primary school to decorate the classrooms. All you have to do is get the coloured paper and cut it into long strips about an inch thick. Then you need to glue a strip into a circle and then from then on you just link the strips of paper into the previous one making a chain. If yo want to do a little more you could buy some little stickers to put on the strips of paper as well. This is a perfect DIY to do with children.

3. Christmas Cards

You will need:
  • Card
  • Ribbons
  • Stickers
  • Sparkly Pens
I can't exactly tell you how to decorate a card because it depends on personal preference but if you want to make your own Christmas cards this year just get some card, use a sparkly pen to write Merry Christmas on it, stick on a few Christmas stickers and put a bit of ribbon on it to finish it off. Just experiment with what you think looks good. This is a good way to save money on buying Christmas cards and to make giving Christmas cards a personal touch.


Links To Other Good DIY Ideas on YouTube

Now I am just going to link some Christmas DIY idea YouTube videos which I think are good so you can try them as well if you would like to.








So they are just some DIY ideas of my own and then some links to some DIY videos on YouTube that I like. I hope you liked this post. I really enjoyed writing it. Hopefully you will find this helpful if you are looking for ways to get crafty over the festive period. Thanks for reading.

Pretty Perfect x





No comments:

Post a Comment